How to Provide Serving Opportunities Tours
1. You could establish a New Serve or New Volunteer Team.
2. Be sure to schedule these tours soon after your Church Membership Class.
3. Schedule your Serving Opportunties Tours during a prime time where attendees can see each ministry area in action.
4. Have passionate Hosts for the Tour and for each ministry area.
5. Respect their time.
6. Sign them up and follow up!
7. Make sure each ministry area has a good system for plugging new volunteers into their pipeline.
These ideas can apply to your Production Team or all ministry areas in your church. How are you being intentional about showing new people to your church the serving opportunities available to them?
Carl Barnhill has served on staff at some of the largest churches and organizations in the country. He served as Media Director at Precept Ministries International, directing the television and radio program Precepts for Life with Kay Arthur, broadcasted to over 98 million homes around the world. He served as Video Production Director at Pinelake Church in Brandon, MS, where he produced media content for four campuses, as well as led volunteer teams.
He most recently served as Video Coordinator for Newspring Church in South Carolina. Newspring has 10 campuses across the state with a weekly attendance of over 35,000. At one campus alone, the number of consistent volunteers serving in media production tripled, under his leadership.
He currently serves as Creative Director and Owner of [twelve:thirty]media, a company that serves churches and ministries all over the world through motion graphics content and church media coaching.