EPISODE 025: How Lifepoint Church Develops a Sermon Series with Chad Collins
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE:
In this episode I welcome a good friend of mine – Chad Collins from Lifepoint Church in Nashville, TN. Lifepoint has 5 campuses across the country and around the world. 3 campuses across Smyrna and Mufreesboro TN, one campus in Brussels, Belgium and one in Bangkok, Thailand. Chad serves as a Graphic Designer and Production Lead and is one of the mastermind Creatives behind some very innovative stuff that Lifepoint is putting out. We spent time walking through how Lifepoint develops a sermon series.
Chad and I discussed the answers to these questions and more:
1. How far out is the planning of each series?
2. What do your first planning meetings about upcoming series look like?
3. How much information does your senior pastor give you?
4. When do you start formulating creative elements?
5. What do brainstorm sessions with your creative team look like? Who is involved?
6. How long do you usually have to create special media elements for each series?
7. Who creates your sermon graphics? What’s that process look like?
8. How many drafts do you go through? Who approves it?
9. Production – if you shoot something or outsource something, who jumps into the process when?
10. What media content do you produce for a series. What’s your project list?
11. How long does a typical series at Lifepoint last?
12. How do you distribute all your content to your other campuses? How about your international campuses in Brussels and Bangkok?
I want you to have the resources you need to lead your volunteer team well. That’s why in nearly every episode of the podcast I like to provide you with downloadable, sharable content that you can take back and use as you lead your teams. This content is absolutely FREE of charge. You can take it, copy it, and distribute it to your team members. May God bless your ministry as you serve Him.
Follow Carl Barnhill on Twitter: @CarlBarnhill
Follow Chad Collins on Twitter: @chadbcollins
Share these Tweetable Quotes from this Episode:Your media content is not more important than the health of your church. Click To Tweet How @lifept Church develops a sermon series with Creative Lead @chadbcollins Click To Tweet How far out should you be planning your sermon series? Click To Tweet
This Episode of the Podcast is sponsored by:
ABOUT THE SHOW:
The Church Media Podcast is the definitive podcast for helping you create dynamic experiences and build solid Media Production Teams at your church. Hosted by Church Media Coach and Author, Carl Barnhill and produced by legendary Producer and Composer, David Michael Hyde, The Church Media Podcast is designed to give you the tools and confidence you need to use media at your church or through your ministry, where people meet Jesus and grow in their relationship with Him. In each episode, we dive into the topics of Church Video, Audio, Lighting, Stage Design, Volunteer Culture and more.