The premise of the book is to not be a cookie cutter church – to really understand your community and create a fresh expression that can resonant with the community you’re trying to reach.
This week we’ll get into more of the how you can craft your Worship Experience for your local dive.
TOPICS AND QUESTIONS COVERED
– How important is it to reflect the community you are serving in with the staff on your church?
– What level of freedom should the local pastors and staff have to find ways to reach their community? How can they change up the “ministry menu?”
– What are some things that could really set our Worship Experiences apart?
Acts of Service
Breaking the Template
– What are some things we can do to reimagine worship and create something new?
– Though there are multiple considerations in creating great Experiences for our community, what are some key ingredients required for making a recipe that people will come back for?
– How important is Media Integration in my Worship Experiences?
– How important is Guest Readiness or First Impressions to our Worship Experience?
– What are ways we can break down our Insider Focus or Insider Language and better appeal to visitors?
– In the days of PRE-COVID, why was Forced Interaction more damaging than helpful?
– What are some other things you’ve found that are more of a distraction to first time guests than a help?
Want to stay connected with our our show host Carl and his special guests? You can find them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Check out what they are doing in their ministries, see what they are working on and drop them an encouraging post, tweet or like.
Maybe this episode sparked some questions or thoughts on the topic. Maybe you have some personal advice or experience you’d like to share with others. Head over to our Making Sunday Happen Facebook group to continue the conversation with other church techs, media professionals, industry leaders and more.
The Making Sunday Happen Podcast (Formerly The Church Media Podcast) is the definitive podcast for those who plan, create and execute Worship Experiences. Hosted by Carl Barnhill, the show offers training in the areas of Church Media Production, Worship, Communications, First Impressions, Service Planning, Volunteer Culture and more. Watch or listen to each episode of the show, download transcripts, and even grab some sharable content to share with your team.