EPISODE 035: Producing Short Films for Your Church with Dan Bracken
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE:
This week I welcome back my friend Dan Bracken. Dan is the Senior Media Producer at one of the most prominent Methodist churches in the nation, Ginghamsburg Church in Tipp City, Ohio. Dan is a graduate of Asbury College and has been on staff at Ginghamsburg since 2006. He leads a team of more than 80 volunteers. Dan has had the opportunity to travel the country and the world capturing and producing short films, testimonies and documentaries. In this episode, Dan shares some incredible insight into how he produces short films for his denomination and his church and offers 4 ways you can produce short films for your church more effectively.
Dan and I discussed these 4 Ways to Transform How We Produce Short Films for our Churches in this Episode:
1. Start with Humility and Prayer. The story is not yours.
- All communication is about delivering a message.
- Prayer is about discovering your message.
- Its the difference in saying something and having something to say.
- Pause before every message to determine what God wants you to say.
2. Have a plan.
- Once you enter into production and post-production, you’ve thought most everything through.
- Making a plan gives you a clear pathway to tell the story you want.
- It maintains integrity to your main message.
3. Be willing to take risks.
- Be willing to try stuff.
- Take risks with your productions and what the reaction.
4. Speak the language of your culture.
- Know your audience and speak to them.
- Keep a level of authenticity in your storytelling.
- Your stories should inspire action.
More Articles and Podcast Episodes from Dan Bracken:
I want you to have the resources you need to lead your volunteer team well. That’s why in nearly every episode of the podcast I like to provide you with downloadable, sharable content that you can take back and use as you lead your teams. This content is absolutely FREE of charge. You can take it, copy it, and distribute it to your team members. May God bless your ministry as you serve Him.
Follow Carl Barnhill on Twitter: @CarlBarnhill
Follow Dan Bracken on Twitter: @DannioBracken
Share these Tweetable Quotes from this Episode:All communication is about delivering a message. Prayer is about discovering your message. @danniobracken Click To Tweet Making a plan gives you a clear pathway to tell the story you want. @danniobracken @twelve30media Click To Tweet Speak the language of your culture. @danniobracken @twelve30media Click To Tweet
This Episode of the Podcast is sponsored by:
ABOUT THE SHOW:
The Church Media Podcast is the definitive podcast for helping you create dynamic experiences and build solid Media Production Teams at your church. Hosted by Church Media Coach and Author, Carl Barnhill and produced by legendary Producer and Composer, David Michael Hyde, The Church Media Podcast is designed to give you the tools and confidence you need to use media at your church or through your ministry, where people meet Jesus and grow in their relationship with Him. In each episode, we dive into the topics of Church Video, Audio, Lighting, Stage Design, Volunteer Culture and more.